Your Morristown NJ Real Estate Source
Search Morristown NJ Homes For Sale Using My Morristown NJ MLS Tools.
Your Morristown NJ Realtor of choice
Morristown Real Estate & Local Information:
- Morristown New Jersey has easy access to I287 as well as Hwy 24 making travel by car very convenient.
- Morristown New Jersey also has the New Jersey transit Morristown train station just to the North of downtown Morristown, & the Convent train station just to the east of Morristown in the Convent Station section of Morris Twp.
- Morristown New Jersey has a wonderful downtown area built around a magnificent central green park
- The Washington Headquaters section of Morristown is home to General George Washington’s Revolutionary War headquarters.
- Downtown Morristown has seen a large revival in the past few years with wonderful condominium projects such as Vail Mansion, Vail Commons, DeHart Place, … as of fall 2007. A very large parking garage is also under construction just south of the central green.
- Morristown is a wonderful and diverse community with many members working in NYC and yet many more working in and around Morristown.
- Morristown Public Schools are shared with Morris Township and Morris Plains, and have been ranked among the better schools in New Jersey.
Morristown NJ 07960 is one of the friendliest towns I have lived or worked in. It just has the feel of a friendlier time and place.
With many styles of homes availible from colonials built in the 1920′s and 30′s to victorian style homes, to grand estates, to multi level homes, to the various condominium communities. The homes which have been in high demand over the past few years have been the new construction condominiums, and homes which have recently been fully updated. The current group of home buyers who are interested in Morristown NJ Real Estate really want a home which is in true move in condition, and many of these Morristown NJ home buyers are willing to pay a premium for homes like these.
Today in Morristown Real Estate
As of December 10th 2008 there were 120 homes activly for sale in Morristown New Jersey. The average list price of these homes is $511,858 and on average these homes have been on the market for 134.6 days. Pricing and condition are exceptionally important in the Morristown and surrounding real estate markets. Mainly the homes which are selling are those which are priced properly and in updated condition. Generally speaking there are quite a number of homes which do not meet one or the other of these conditions, usually they are not in fully updated condition, this means if you are willing to do the updates you likely can work an exceptionally good deal. I have been noticing every month when I run my reports that in almost every month 50% or more of the homes that actually sold, did so in 30 days or less. Short selling times are a clear indication that these Morristown NJ homes were priced right from the start.
Morristown New Jersey Real Estate – Existing Town-home – Condo – Coop Developments
- Parsons Village - Coops located on South Street with easy access to I287, Walkable to downtown & the Morristown Train Station
- Pitney Place - Affordable condos located on Madison Ave. Walking distance to the Convent Station Train Station
- The Village - Tudor style Affordable condos with easy access to I287 walking distance to Convent Station Train Station
- The Convent Mews - Located just off of Madison Ave. Very affordable condos with stucco exteriors with tile roofs
- Morris Place - Large 2 bedroom 2 bath Town-home style condos located off Morris St. Walk to downtown & Morristown train
- Twombly Ct. - Large upscale condos located on Madison Ave. easy access to I287, walkable to Morristown or Convent train Stations
Morristown New Jersey Real Estate – New Construction Condominiums
- Vail Mansion - Luxury Condominiums located on South Street, Just a short walk to the Morristown Green & Train Station
- Vail Commons- High rise style condos located just off the Morristown Green across from Headquarters Plaza
- 40 Park Condos- Luxury condos located on the Morristown Green, Construction began in the Summer of 2008, 40% sold as of August 08
- Dehart Place - Very large town-home style condos, fully built with some units still availible.
The seat of Morris County, Morristown is a combination of history, a bustling business district with a plethora of projects soon to be completed, and a melting pot of different cultures.
Gen. George Washington housed his troops in nearby Harding during the Revolutionary War, but his headquarters was in town. The sites are preserved as part of the first national historical park, Morristown National Historical Park, created in the 1930s.
Morristown Partnership is a group focused on downtown renewal.
Biggest recurring festivals: Fall Festival; Christmas on the Green; St. Patrick’s Day Parade; First Night Morris
Senior center: The Morristown Senior Center/Division of Aging is in town hall, 200 South St., (973) 292-6690
Most famous historic site: Washington’s Headquarters, part of Morristown National Historic Park
Most famous son: Thomas Nast, political cartoonist
Contact a your favorite gay real estate agent in New Jersey
Morristown NJ Population: 18,831
Morristownnj.org(sponsored by the Morristown Partnership)
Morristown New Jersey Attractions:
Acorn Hall 68 Morris Ave., Morristown NJ
Morris County Historical Society keeps area history alive from its headquarters in Acorn Hall. Outside the 1853 Italianate mansion are period gardens; inside, the mansion is adorned with 19th-century furniture, costumes, textiles, decorative arts pieces and historical artifacts. MCHS programs include a lecture series, children’s activities, special exhibitions and publications.
The Community Theatre 100 South St., Morristown NJ